Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Port Wine Stain Help and Resources (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   After laser healing question. (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=2070)

alexasmommy 09-13-2006 12:20 PM

After laser healing question.

Hi. I have a healing question. My daughter had a V Beam treatment on August 2. Her bruising went away but she still has a darker red circle that is still there. It has been looking a little dry. It is not raised. It just loods like the typical laser circle but it is still very ,very dark red. I have never seen this happen to her before and last this long..

Thanks......

Elena

hankbartenbach 09-13-2006 02:34 PM

Hey Elana,

What antibiotic cream do you use for after treatment?
I would say keep it moist like usual unless you can tell it is past the healing stage. I have had dry patchy circles before that I had last over a month. They turned into a scab and evenually either fell off or I pulled them off because it just felt like dead skin similar to a sun burn but thicker. If it is still very well connected though I would not recommend that even though I have and it has never left a scar when I pulled them off.

Just curious what treatment number was that for your daughter?

Hope this helps and I will talk to you soon.

Hank

alexasmommy 09-14-2006 12:16 AM

Hi Hank.

Thanks so much for responding. :)

I only use Aquaphor. Her skin always remains intact, so blisters that scab etc. It just looks different than I have ever seen. She is just much redder after this tx than ever before. She also did not bruise the first year of her life, so I guess I am not used to seeing such "normal" bruising and healing.

She just turned 5 and this was tx number 20 or 21. She had 12 0r 13 before she turned one. We have been on yearly maintenance for a few years now.

Have I ever showed you pictures of Alexa?

I hope you are doing well.......

Thanks again.....

Elena

hankbartenbach 09-14-2006 01:34 AM

Hi,

That is pretty interesting that it just now changed. Do you know if the doctor turned up the machine or not? I see them more when the doctor is being more aggressive. Something you might want to try on the area is Triple Antibiotic Ointment. This is what I have used ever since I started laser treatments. I never get blisters and it makes things heal quicker then other things I have tried in the past.

I probably have not seen any recent pictures of Alexa. Send me one if you would.

Talk to you later.

Hank

alexasmommy 09-14-2006 02:13 AM

Hi. Thanks :)

She sees Dr G and the settings have not changed. He has his "souped" up V Beam so the settings are not equivalent to the settings of a "regular" V Beam--or so I am told. :)

She also has Exzema on her pws, so that may also be part of the problem......

I will email you Alexa's web address.......

Elena

alexasmommy 09-14-2006 02:34 PM

Hi Hank.....

I emailed you the link for Alexa's pictures. Thanks again for all yor help.....

Elena