Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Help and Resources for Hemangiomas (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   hemangioma and amniocentesis (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=2911)

laura 06-03-2008 03:05 PM

hemangioma and amniocentesis

I've a baby of 12 months with a face segmental hemangioma actually treated with laser, when pregnant I was practiced the amniocentesis because of my age 38. Also have another child of 5 and she is perfect (without practicing amnio). But there is one question in my mind and hope to clear it up with your help: Did anyone without having had amniocentesis practiced had a baby with hemangioma? May it be related?

Laura's mother

LilahsMom 06-03-2008 04:42 PM

I have three daughters. I did not have amnios with the two that have hemangiomas. The one where I did have an amnio, does not have a hemangioma.
I have heard that there is some thought that the CVS procedure may have a higher incidence of babies with hemangiomas (don't remember where I read that though).

EJsMommy 06-04-2008 06:16 AM

I had no Amnio, and had a daughter with a Hemangioma.

cherie 06-04-2008 04:11 PM

I didnit have an amnio but did have 2 surgeries for kidney stones while pregnant. Radiation was used and I think that could be a factor in Danni's "h".
Cherie

AubrieB 06-04-2008 09:31 PM

I have a girl and a boy. While pregnant with my daughter, I had a detached placenta and had an amnio. She didn't have any hemangiomas. My pregnancy with my son was easy breezy without any problems and he has 7 hemangiomas.

E & E mom 06-23-2008 03:01 PM

I am 39 and have a 4 year old daughter, no H and I had a amnio w/ her. I also have a 3 month old boy w/ a deep H on his face and we had no amnio w/ him. In my humble opinion, amnios get a bad rap, they are the best way to find out any info in utero. The statistics for amnio that are now quoted are from the 80's when video games where Pong and the Dr's would not be able to see the cord well and puncture the cord which gave it the bad rap, w/ advanced imaging of today this is almost impossible. Any questions read Advice from a Pregnant OBGYN.

allme2001 12-12-2010 11:17 PM

I had a CVS done and daughter has eyelid H. I was not told about chance of hemangioma before CVS, although I probably still would've had the test done due to some other medical issues. Daughter's dermatologist said many people are starting to think there is a corrolation between hemangiomas and amnio/CVS testing.

siobhan 12-13-2010 03:48 AM

funny i was just searching the web today to find out what the possible connection is between placental problems and hemangiomas. i have a 3 year old daughter without H that was born via emergency c-section because of placental abruption. my 4 month old daughter has H on eyebrow and was a successful VBAC. neither pregnancy was difficult or with any complications. did not have amnio for either.

LauraJean 06-05-2011 05:35 AM

I had an amnio for my middle child and the baby and the baby has one middle does not.