Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - My pretty uneventful story
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:17 AM

Hi,

First of all welcome to the group.

I am a 24 year old with facial PWS.
My PWS is very thick, deep and dark and covers a very large part of my face and crown of head. I know exactly what you have gone thru when I was in school. It was very hard. Being a guy it was even harder because I could not just put makeup on to cover it up. To this day I still get the looks, jokes, pointing, and questions but I have made it my personal mission to educate people about my condition. You just have to learn how to not let people get to you. I still feel judged but I am better off around people that except me for who I am.

As for the laser treatment, I do suggest you at least look into it. Being that your PWS is pink you could significantly get your PWS removed a little if not completely. Just remember laser treatment is not permnent so if it was completely removed you might have to do touch up treatments every 5 to 10 years. I started laser treatment when I was five years old. I have had more laser treatments then I can even keep track of. I also have had three plastic surgeries to remove excess tissue from my birthmark from when it has grown.
If you would like to see before and after pictures from my laser treatment over the years you can. The pictures are on my website www.hankspws.com

I hope this has helped a little and if you have any questions please ask. We are here for you.

Hank