Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Need feedback on Dr. Stuart Nelson at Beckman Institute in Irvine
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
silver_wings

Question Need feedback on Dr. Stuart Nelson at Beckman Institute in Irvine

Hi everyone,

I am 29 y.o. female with facial PWS. I started getting laser treatments when I was probably 18. I got probably 10 treatments over 3 years at that time without significant change in color and size of my PWS. In 2001, I started getting laser treatments again with another doctor. After my first two treaments, I saw some change in color and was pretty excited about it. Unfortunaely, my doctor decided to be more aggressive and my third treatment ended up scarring me. With that, everything went downhill and I stopped the laser treatments after 5-6 sessions. Almost six years later, my PWS is darker than it has been since the laser treatments and I am thinking about starting again. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start after my last experience. I live in So Cal and want a doctor that's knowledgable and is not going to B.S. for just the money. I have an appt for consultation with Dr. Stuart Nelson at Beckman Laser Institute in Irvine next week and I was hoping someone could give me some feedback about him. This whole thing is so frustrating, but I guess there are people out there with worse problems.
Thanks in advance for any info.

SilverWings