Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Issues with gums
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Hello,

First of all welcome to the group.

I am a 24 year old with facial PWS/SWS.

You are doing the right thing keeping up on all those doctors. You have to be the aggresser for your child. Because your daughter has PWS around her eye she will always have a risk of forming Glaucoma. I have SWS but do not have glaucoma, but I have been at a high risk my whole life.

For PWS on the gums. I have PWS on my top gum and on the pallets of my mouth. When my teeth came in my gums bled quite a bit. They also all came in two places to the left. Back when I was a child there was nothing that could be done until I had my permenent teeth. As far as I know that is still true. I would definetly get some x-rays to find out what you are going to have to deal with down the road.

I do have pictures on my website (hankspws.com) of when I was a child. You can go see how my teeth grow into having buck teeth until had braces then dental surgery and had porcelen teeth caped on and had a bridge put in to straighten my teeth.

If you have any other question just ask you can either post it here or email me directly.

Hank