Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - vascular (venous)malformation long term outlook for women
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Question vascular (venous)malformation long term outlook for women

Hello my name is Melissa. I have a daughter that is 7 yrs old. She has what we thought was a "hemangioma" on her tongue. After looking on this website and others I think that she may have been misdiagnosed. Her bump as we like to call it has not gone away, in fact I think it is bigger. We are going to the NOVA conference this weekend to see what we can find out. Hopefully we can get some direction for treatment.

What I am curious about is long term. My daughters "bump" is not much bigger than a nickle. It does not bother her, she has never complained about it. I have seen some posts on here saying that as they went through puberty and related hormone changes that they experienced some growth. I am curious to know how much?I am curious for the future of my daughter with it being on her tongue, this could mean some very scary things. I don't know if I am worrying to much or just being a good advocate. I think at this point knowledge is power and I am hoping that someone out there can give me some more power.

Please any informatin that you could give would be great.