Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - 3 month old with PWS-Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 AM

Hello. I'm encouraged by the comments. My daughter is 5 months old and had her first treatment under general anesthesia 1 month ago. I have lots of pictures (ie. pre and post first treatment) if you are interested in seeing what things look like after. My daughter has a very similiar PWS on her right cheek. We have gotten a little result, but, were told not to expect much after the first treatment. I was curious, what does V2 mean? Is that a rating of the PWS. I can't seem to get a straight answer about my daughter's PWS?..is it high grade, low grade, etc. Does anybody know if it's possible to "rate" them at this young age?
Also, just to let you know, Addie had her MRI at 2 weeks old without anesthesia. She did it for 65 minutes. We tried to keep her up and did not feed her until right before time. They started her IV, which made her mad, of course. She ate and then went to sleep for the entire time. She has also seen the eye doctor. Both SWS and glaucoma were ruled out.
Let me know if you'd like to see the post pics. (I wish I had seen some first, it was a bit shocking)
Good Luck! Those baby girls sure are precious!

Kim
P.S. I am an anesthesia RN if you have any anesthesia/sedation questions, I may could help.