Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - social help
Thread: social help
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM

Default social help

I'm an 18 year old with a large birthmark that covers my right buttock and even goes a little bit on my lower back... I haven't had it my entire life, but I cant remember when I got it. It doesn't cause any pain or anything, just really bad social issues.. I havent gone swimming since I was about 14 because it's too embarrassing and I cant wear regular bikinis and stuff. The worst part is relationship-wise. I'd really like to pursue a sexual relationship with a certain guy, but I don't want him to see it. I know he wouldn't care because he's absolutely in love with me, but its still something that I feel strongly embarrassed about. My parents don't know about it and I don't want to tell them because they won't really care how I feel about it, just that it would cost money to get it removed and its something I or they don't have. I don't know what to do, because I don't have the money to get rid of it, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to run the risk of hiding it from my parents that I did so.... help!