Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Hi all, I'm new, and on a mission!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:48 AM

Default Hi all, I'm new, and on a mission!!!

Hi everyone,

My name is Cristine, and my daughter's name is Eva. She has a Hemangioma on her forehead, above her right eyebrow. My husband and I are stationed overseas (guam) and have had no success in obtaining treatment for her Hemangioma. Same ol' story "itll go away". Well, she is now 4 months and it just keeps growing and growing and it is putting pressure on her eye.

I have spoken with Dr. Waner's office, and they are more than happy to treat her. My insurance won't cover treatment, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes so that Eva (EJ) will have a normal childhood

I am also in the process of seeking consultations from other doctors via email, to see who I feel would be best to perform this procedure on my daughter.

If anyone would like to share their story of surgical removal of the Hemangioma, I'd love to hear it. I am nervous about the surgery, and my pediatrician told me that Anesthesia on an infant will kill her. WHy did she say this? I mean, I doubt so many parents would be seeking excision of Hemangiomas if there was a risk of death. So scary to think of what docs will do to keep you from making things happen yourself!

Thank you to all for any advice and encouragement you can provide!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0616s.JPG (54.5 KB, 92 views)