Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Haemangiomas of infancy
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 01:20 AM

Thumbs up Congrats!

I am happy to hear that your boy is doing well and that his H is going away on its own.

I also love the come-back you give people when they ask about it. Some people handle the questions and comments better than others, but I'll be honest when I say that I am getting to the point where if I hear one more rude comment or another "grossed out" stare at my baby, I'm going to be saying witty and sarcastic comments as well. I try to have tolerance for those who don't know any better, but I"m only human, eventually having a funny come back helps to make light of the situation. But, all in all, it's great to hear about his Hemangioma going away!

I myself have chosen to pursue treatment. I have been unsuccessful in obtaining approval, but I'm working on it. Dr. Waner thinks her hemangioma needs to be removed, due to it's location and how swollen it is, but of course that is all dependent on the individual Hemangioma.

I'd love to see before and after photos of your son, if you could Thanks!