We actually went through that. Oh, don't worry by the time she is a year it will subside. Then we pushed to see a specialist and an opthamologist (our daughters is on her eye..). Neither of the doctors we spoke with helped us to make a very informed decision. Then via email we sent pics to another specialist and they have helped us. Just keep seeking help and pushing your pediatrician. Sometimes they don't know. Also we found this site and it has also helped us, by reading others exp.
We will go see the specialist next month to start laser and possibly steroid.
Good luck. If I can help or you just would like to talk I'm here and you can email me. email@example.com