Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Question for working adults with PWS
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 AM

Default Question for working adults with PWS

I am a working adult with a facial PWS that gets laser treatments every 6 to 8 weeks. I have to take a week off from work every time I have a treatment scheduled because of all the swelling and bruising after the treatments. I usually wear make-up and I haven't been open with anyone from work about my PWS, so I can't imagine going back to work after the treatments. I have had about 9 treatments so far and it's getting really hard to take time off from work. I am afraid I am putting my job in jeopardy by continuing to get these treatments, which sucks because I love my job. On the other hand, I have gotten really good results so far and I don't want to quit the treatments, so I need some insight on how other people handle laser treatments for PWS with work. One thing I have considered is applying for FMLA for intermittent leave for treatments, but I don't know how that's going to work out. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!