Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Hemangioma Treatment Stats and Suggestions??
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Hello,

At age 2, the h. should not grow anymore. Steroid injections at this point will not benefit her. Laser would reduce the superfical red. At this point time is on your side, no rush if you would prefer to wee how things go on their own. Because hemangiomas are all so different, treatment options may or may not benefit your daughter. The dull color is a good sign that the h. is starting to go thru involution. One idea: If you would prefer to wait, but are open to surgical excision at some point, give yourself a timeline and if the h. hasn't improved enough, consider the options. It appears your daughter's h. is compound (has a deeper portion to it as well as the redness)? Her h. could completely involute or it could leave residual redness, and/or atrophied skin. This can be corrected by laser or surgery

In my opinion the laser really helped keep my son's skin firm. If you would like to email me I can link you to some pictures that may help you see some samples of involution and treatment. also find the support group at msnvb.org