Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Anyone have a child with a deep H?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:31 AM

Default Hi

Hi Bsmom--

Wow! Our stories are so similar! My daughter's H was also diagnosed as a dermoid cyst by our Derm...it seems like it has been a long journey just to get the correct diagnosis!

I appreciate hearing your story--my husband and I are torn right now, debating whether or not we should ask our doctor to look in to propanolol or to just wait and let it shrink on it's own. We are waiting to hear back from Dr. Fay, the vision expert, and Dr. Waner, to see what they think.

I have read about the new drug, and it does seem like a miracle worker, but, at the same time, I hate the idea of having to put her on something that might make her feel bad...especially at an age where she can't tell us what is going on! My husband thinks we should wait, since it isn't affecting her health, but as you can see, it is already affecting her cosmetically. Obviously, I love my daughter no matter what she looks like, but I hate the idea of her looking "different" and not understanding why as she ages...it is such a hard thing to deal with. And, more importantly, I am worried that it may affect her vision if it grows larger...so?? I guess we'll just have to wait to hear back from Dr. Waner...

Thanks so much for telling me about your son!