Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - PWS, need second opinion?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM

Hi my 15 months baby girl borne with a PWS in her left side of the face.. we have seen several doctors and all the time they told my husband and I that itwas a Hemangioma going to fade away with the years.... because I haven't see any change in the birth mark I took my baby to Cedars Cenai at Beverly Hills, CA to see doctor John Reinisch and he told us that it was not called hemangioma that it was called Port Wine Stain and could be removed by laser treatment.. and because he is far away of where we live he recommended us to UCSF with doctor Ilona Fried and my baby is soon in march to have her first laser therapy it was a very hard and emotional decision to choose but because it is so depressed and emotional for me to see my baby with that mark and have to answer all the time questions about it and people stating at my little angel I have decided it is the right time to treated so I hope everything goes well...

any advice or information about will be really appreciated thank you soo much

Yoana Quintero