Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Propranolol for Hemangioma
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 11:59 AM

I will be sending some photos of the hemangioma on my son's nose to Missy to see if she can upload them.

Photo 1 was taken when he was 4 days old. The light pink mark was present at birth.

Photo 2 was taken when he was 1 month old. The hemangioma had gotten bright red by the time he was 2 weeks old.

Photo 3 was taken when he was 3 months old. When I took this photo, he had been on steroids for about a month. It was still bright red but for that first month that he was on steroids, the steroids seemed to control the hemangioma's growth. But then, it started to get bumpy. I emailed this photo to his doctor and he was started on Propranolol a few days later.

Photo 5 was taken a couple weeks ago. He is 5 months old now. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the hemangioma is lighter in color and there are some flesh colored spots. Also, the bumpiness is gone and it's pretty smooth and flat.

I will update with more pictures in the future to show how he's doing on Propranolol.