Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Advice/Questions: 4mths old and 3yr old
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:41 AM

I get what you are saying about the "regret" part...I tended to worry about that a lot (I'm a real worrier and I'm sure the people on here can attest to all my "worrying" posts!!!!). I would always say, "I hope I'm making the right decision" After discussing my feelings and hesitations (about surgery and laser) with our pediatrician one day he said, "You can't make a wrong decision on this...she'll be fine if you do the surgery and she'll be fine if you don't. You just need to trust your instincts and go with it." I feel like that took a lot of the pressure off. I think as a mother we always tend to second guess ourselves because we are trying to do what is best for our children. I know how tough the decisions will be, but you will survive....I did We just recently finished my daughter's hemangioma treatment and now when I look back on it I'm glad we made all the choices we did...even though they were hard to make at the time. You love your girls and you really can't go wrong!! Keep us posted!
Shannon