Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - subglottic H-croupy breathing again
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:41 AM

my daughter actually has several! the largest one is on the side of her head and extends down the back of her neck. she also has 1 on the corner of her lip, on both ears, a small spot behind the ear on opposite side of head, under her chin, and in her throat. she has responded beautifully to propranolol and has been on it since 3 weeks of age. you can barely see them anymore. they look more like bruises than anything. her dermatologist said that because hers were so severe, they would probably take longer to stop growing. i was in the process of trying to wean again, but she had another bout of wheezing and had to go off propranolol for a week. after about 4 days, i started noticing slight changes in her hemangiomas, so we are back on for now. i don't want to complain, because i feel like this drug has literally saved her life, but i sure won't miss waking her up at night to feed her and give her medicine! ;-) i'm sure she won't miss it either!