Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Surgery / laser on lower lip hemangioma
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyclark007 View Post
Shannon - your little girl is simply gorgeous Thanks for sharing your pics with me. Would you mind telling me what kind of surgery Faith had? How did they do the rebulking (turned lip inside out or slit on the inside?) Also did she have laser on her actual lip area or just on the surrounding skin to reduce redness? Thank you. Kelly
Hi there! Sorry it took me so long to write back! For some reason I missed your response/questions. I'm not 100% sure what they did, but I think for the surgery he slit it and removed the scar tissue and just pulled it together and stitched it up all inside and on the outside. (I think I remember him mentioning something about double stitching??) As for the laser...they did not laser her actual lip just the area above and up into her nose to get rid of the redness there. They didn't want to do the lip because it might lighten it too much and it could look more noticeable. So she does have a little red left on her lip, but I kinda like it. I think it looks cute! Hope that helps!

Shannon