Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - H inside mouth, do I need a dentist that knows about H's?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi there, my daughter Lauren has beard distribution hemangiomas which were in her airway, on her lower gums, under her tongue and entire lower lip. I did read somewhere a few years ago that sometimes children who had hemangiomas on their gumline lost their teeth slightly earlier then the average child (unsure of why tho!) but at 3.5 years of age my daughter's teeth are still definitely firm and intact. Her gums are still red but honestly we have never had any teeth issues. Her teeth came through as per normal and her hemangiomas had pretty much stopped growing by the time her teeth appeared. The biggest worry for us was her banging her lower lip and causing it to bleed. We have always taken our 3 children to a paediatric dentist but this had nothing to do with the hemangioma and the dentist has never done anything different to Lauren because of her hemangioma then she has done to my other two children. Definitely wouldnt hurt to ask an expert though.