Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - pics to share
Thread: pics to share
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 AM

Hi! I just responded to your other post asking for pictures....and then I saw these pictures! Oh she is so cute! The fact that it has already gone away so much already I think is a good sign...time will tell, but there's a probably a good chance they will go away on their own. I've heard propanolol doesn't really work when the hemangioma is already involuting (I could be wrong on that) but maybe that's where the doctor was coming from. If it were me, I'd wait it out a few years so I didn't have to put her through the laser if it ends up not being necessary....then if you feel like there's still no change before pre-school or kindergarten you could do it then. But that's just me! You should do whatever you feel most comfortable with. I sent you links to my daughters photo albums so you can see how her hand hemangioma went away totally on it's own. Just to get an idea. I sent my other daughter's too so you could see how hers did not go away on its own and she had laser at age 6. Just thought they might be helpful in some way!

Shannon