Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - lymphangioma circumscriptum
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM

Default Lymphangioma circumscriptum

Hello, this is my first post. I am 42 years old and have lived with lymphangioma circumscriptum on my right side all my life. My first treatment started when I was about 5 years old. I've had it lazered several times, frozen, injected with liquid nitrogen (i think) and various other experiments. It was still quite rare when I was little and so surgeons were keen to try a number of different methods in the hope of a cure, but nothing worked! When I reached 18 I finally decided that the only option left was to have it 'cut out'. I found a fantastic surgeon who had the brilliant idea to put a balloon under my normal skin above my lymphangioma and stretch it so that when I finally had it 'cut out' the stretched skin went over the area so no skin graft was needed. It was the best decision I made and wished I had done it when I was younger as it had spread significantly by the time I was 18. I has come back in patches were it could not be fully removed but is manageable. On a happy note, I meet a wonderful man, got married and have two beautiful kids without lymphangioma xx

Last edited by Lynette1971 : 10-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.