Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Question for parents whose children have had laser treatment
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 AM

Hi! For some reason I missed this as well. So sorry! My daughter had laser on the leftover hemangioma on the skin above her lip. Hers was almost involuted with just a little redness left when she had the first laser treatment After the laser, it looked like she had gotten punched in the nose/mouth. It took longer than I expected to fade- I thought it would fade more quickly in the first couple of days but I found it stayed pretty dark-by the second week, it faded more and by the third week it was good! Here's her photo album so you can see:

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.hoh...02383&t ype=3

So I think what you are describing seems normal to me. Sometimes it is helpful to take pictures and you can see the changes more easily that way. I think it should be looking better soon. If not, make an appt. to see her doctor to have it checked.

Let me know if you have any questions. How is your daughter feeling about the whole thing?

Shannon