Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Surgery or no surgery
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Default Surgery or no surgery

I would love to hear from those of you who have had surgery on their little ones to remove a hemangioma. We have given my daughter's plenty of time and it's just not going away on it's own. You can read her story by checking out my blog but anyway she has surgery scheduled for April and I'm still dragging my feet wondering if it's the right decision. She is going to be 5 in August. I'm just wondering about the effects of the small scar. It will be right in her eyebrow. A part of me wants to wait longer to see if the hemangioma finally goes away on its own or not but I've been told that some hemangiomas are the types that do NOT go away on their own. I'm just guessing hers' IS this type. I've been told that if she gets it done now at her age, etc. that the scar will be barely noticeable. Just still dragging my feet on this and any advice would be great. Thanks!
Takes 3 doses per day at 1.3ml
2nd Weaning of prop. not a success back on it March 22. Only one dose of 1.3ml now- 19 months old Did Timolol gel for awhile, stopped, & back on - 4 years old. Off of Timolol -doesn't seem to be doing anything. Surgery was a success!!! April 2014
http://lexihemangiomapropanolol.blog...roduction.html