Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Scalp Hemangioma Ulcerating
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 03:09 PM

Default Scalp Hemangioma Ulcerating

My daughter is 8 months old and her quarter sized scalp H started ulcerating 3 weeks ago. It started out as just a tiny brown scab and I had no idea what it was. It is still quite small and I think on it's way to being healed. However, this morning, to my horror, a new spot on her H is starting to look dry and flaky. And I looked at it in proper daylight and I can almost see very slight brown patches in numerous places over the H. Does this mean more ulcerations are going to develop?!?

I have been keeping an Aquaphor-infused gauze on her H as treatment. Is there anything else I can do?

I attached two pictures. The first one is the ulceration at it's worst a few weeks ago, and the second is what it looks like today. You can't see the dry patch I talked about because I covered it with Aquaphor and my camera isn't that great.

I know the ulceration isn't that big but I really don't want it to get any bigger for fear of her having a bald spot. My poor baby girl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7473.jpg (22.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8108.jpg (70.4 KB, 0 views)