Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Growing up with a PWS
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Scrat

Default Re:Growing up with a PWS

Hi
Like alot of people on here I have PWS on my face, covering almost half of it. I never had any treatment for it, and I think I wouldn't want to anyway.
Just like someone said before me, it's there for a reason. I'm 21 right now and my birthmark is a part of me. I never covered it with make up... Even when I was growing up... Still I never had problems with dating or fiding friends. I had a normal life just like every other teenager did, because I didn't let my birthmark change that.
You are beautiful, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you believe in it, everyone else will too! I'm sure there's plenty of guys out there who would love to date you, but they're too shy to come up to you.

I'm very happilly married now to a "normal" person. He doesn't know how it is to live with a birthmark, but he knows how it is to live with me. He's very proud to tell everyone I'm his wife, and my PWS doesn't bother him even one bit. Right before we got married, he told me that if it wouldn't be for my birthmark he probably wouldn't be so intrigued with me and we wouldn't have known how much we love each other.

I'm sure that somewhere in your future there's a guy that will love you even more because you have a birthmark. Keep your head up and don't let it bother you!