Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - What to expect after Laser Treatment
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 05:53 AM

Default Re:What to expect after Laser Treatment

Hi mjuliet, my name is Hank.

What kind of laser did the doctor use?

It is not normal for it to be still swollen. It diffently should not be scabby at all!!!! The only reason I think it could be scabbing is because if you wear socks.
If the mark is still hot I suggest putting Aloe Vera on it. (like the stuff you would put on a sun burn) To bring the swelling down I suggest Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Do this after work, and when you can put your foot up for awhile. It will be alittle greasy but it will help. I do not know where on the foot and leg it is so I do not know how easy it will be able to get around with out smearing it onto the carpet and furniture. Do not cover it for as long as you can because it as good for the area to breath, but if you choose to use the ointment before bed wrap it up in a bandage but not to tight.
Well I hope this has helped you out, it is good to help out some people, and laser treatment is right down my ally because I have been doing it for 14 years. If you have any other questions please ask, I am here for you.
I will talk to you soon.

Hank B