Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Cure for Port Wine Birthmark
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Cure for Port Wine Birthmark

Hi Simin,

First of all welcome to the group.

My name is Hank 23 withfacial PWS/SWS. (Port Wine Stain/Sturge Weber Syndrome)

As of right now there is no cure for PWS. Depending on the type of PWS your grandson has depends on how effective laser treatment will be. The darker (purple) it is the more blood that is involved the less effective the laser treatment is. Ever case is different so it is really hard to say. This is just my opinion I am not a doctor.

I am a current patient of Dr. Waner. My personal opinion for you is to use Dr. Waner as your last result. It is very expensive, plus travel expenses. There are several very good doctors in CA that have the same laser machines Waner has. If you go to the resource section and under find a physician you will be able to see doctors from CA. Dr. Waner is in there as well under NY. I have seen the doctor from the University of San Fransico. She has a very good dermatology department. I would suggest going there first. If they can not help there is a doctor in San Diego that is highly recommended from several people on this group. (is on the list) Someone will chime in to talk more about him. There is another doctor in Irvine that is recommend and is very good as well.

If you would like to compare your grandson's PWS with mine you can see pictures of my PWS on my website www.hankspws.com The level of my PWS is a live long condition until technology gets better.

I hope this helps and if you or your daughter have any other questions please ask we are here for you.

Hank