surgery hemangioma lower lid - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 AM

Default surgery hemangioma lower lid

Does anyone have a child that has had surgery on a hemangioma on the lower eyelid? My son's hemangioma is located beneath his eye on his lower lid. The doctors I have seen have all said different things. The pediatric dermatologist said it would deform his eye. I am worried about it growing and obstructing his vision. He is 6 weeks old and has one steroid injection and one laser appt. If anyone has had success with a surgery in this area I would greatly appreciate anything you could tell me. Thank you...
Lisaann
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM

Lisa, I can put you in touch with some other mothers with lower-lid hemangiomas. E-mail me privately and I will be happy to see how I can help. Hang in there - I know it is scary, but you are in the right place.
Sherri Foster
sherrirfoster@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 PM

I don't know if you would call my kid's larger hemangioma a lower lid one or not. I refer to it as the cheek area, but I could email some photos - at one point it was certainly obstructing a portion of her field of vision.

She has had two plastic surgeries. I think that you are fortunate that you found someone to treat your son so early on. I don't know what his case looks like, but it would be unusual for anyone to recommend surgery for a 6 week old, unless there was imminent danger of vision loss.

Let me know if you want to see before/after photos - I can email.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:20 AM

I do feel fortunate to have found treatment so early...but along with that are a lot of different opinions.
Photos would be very helpful....thank you for sending them.
lisamathre@yahoo.com