My port white stain birthmark - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Default My port white stain birthmark

Hello everyone, Im a young girl from London. I have a pws on the right cheek of my face. I wanted to know how long does the treatment take to go down for everyone on here? I wanted to know as mine takes 7-10 days to go down. I would like to speak to people who understand about pws and dont judge as ive had some nasty people judging me calling me names. Does it get easier when you get older. Im a late teens girl.

Can you tell me what age i look here and whether i look ugly thankyou im late teens.

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/...Dk1MC5qcGc.jpg
Old 06-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Marie,

To me, you look about 12 years old!! But then again, I'm an old lady.

And you are NOT in any way ugly. No ma'am.

It's difficult to be a teen. I hope you will find, as you grow into a young woman, that superficial looks are just that ... superficial. Everything gets easier as you get older, I promise. Beauty is inside you, but it takes age and experience for everyone to learn that. Beauty comes from intelligence, a sense of humor, compassion, and all of your other good qualities. Teens simply do not have the experience to see this, but they will. One day, it will suddenly occur to you that the people around you who really love you do so, not because you don't have a pws, but because your beautiful qualities will be apparent to them.

It'll get better. Meanwhile, come in and vent if you need to!

And, consider yourself hugged.

Missy
Old 06-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Hello Missy thank you for your kind reply. . xxx

How does your birthmark affect you? Where is it?

Can you inbox me please and tell me. thank you xxx
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 AM

Hi Marie

I am a 28 year old female with a PWS on the left cheek on my face, I had treatment between the ages of 2-14 before I decided I did not want any more treatments. From memory it did take 7-10 days to go down. Kids are cruel and unfortunatly adults can be cruel too. I agree with missy, focus on the beauty inside you and let that confidence out to show others you dont care about what they think. It does get better as you get older and I have found it is great meeting kids with birthmarks and showing them yu can be confident without makeup and get on with a normal life.

hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM

Talking

hi. my name is cat and I live in te US. listen I think you look beautiful!!!! I have the same problem. I have a big ugly brown birthmark on my stomach and it drives me insane because I am ashamed of it and can't wear a bikini. I have tried putting makup on and band aids but they don't work. earlier today (ik this sounds stupid) but I put on one of my old bikinis and I told myself in the mirror that I was beautiful. it really helped and I am planning on buying a bikini later this week. ik it's hard being a teenage go with a birthmark but just shun all the loser that tell you it's ugly. I'm gunna face my fear so I hope you realize that yor gorgouse and it's not that big of a deal so learn to love it.
love always
Cat<3
Old 10-04-2014, 06:41 AM

I have had lots of laser surgeries done on both legs (as I have a port wine covering about 1/3 of me). Yes, it has faded it a little, but the area is so massive, I would have to make it a fulltime job to get the whole things done. Also, it takes about ten surgeries per area to make any difference. I also heard that it only lasts ten years, like eye surgery.

I am waiting for stem cell surgery to be possible. I hope they can do that before I get into my 50s, as I am afraid my marks will get soar and bleed, as one doctor told me.

I heard Harvard is experimenting stem cell surgeries on port wines. The president has a PWS. Anyone know about this?