VBF conference and post-laser blebs? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM

Default VBF conference and post-laser blebs?

I attended the conference in New York on Saturday, and I'm so glad I went! I met so many amazing people and learned a ton. I'm a little embarassed by how ignorant I was! My birthmark has just always been there and I really haven't ever thought about it much. I want to send a huge thank you to all the participants and doctors and organizers, who gave up their free time to meet us all and to make a huge difference for so many families. Your gift of time and expertise is very much appreciated.

I also had a laser treatment on Friday 11/9, my first one ever. It bruised up terribly (though apparently this is a good thing) and is a very dark black and somewhat painful. My concern is that I seem to have developed blebs, which I did not have before. They are small raised black bumps, like blisters. One has ruptured, I suspect since I'm wearing long sleeves all the time now and they rub against the mark. I haven't read of this side effect before. Is this a normal thing? Is it perhaps a result of being treated as an adult (I'm 32)? Am I just overreacting? Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Allison,

I've had a few blebs or a while & have never had one rupture, unless I was picking at it (I originally thought it was a pimple!). It could just be a reaction to the laser treatment.

I also had a treatment at the conference and have had some thing happen that I've not had before (mainly bleeding). I was told that that can happen when using a new laser. That being said, I'd email/call them & ask about it. If you email them, I'd try to include a picture of the ruptured "bleb" so they can see what you're talking about.

I hope it's not anything to worry about! Let us know how it goes
~Eri