Who has gotten there PWS remove? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 07-04-2004, 09:08 AM
MichaelJR

Default Who has gotten there PWS remove?

Hi my name is Michael I'm 15 yrs old. I have a PWS, on my cheek, I just wanted to know when they remove it, Would it remove like all the interior left over blood from the PWS ???
Old 07-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Lise

Default Re:Who has gotten there PWS remove?

Hi Michael,

A PWS cannot be totally removed, but laser treatments will make it fade: sometimes up to 100% of the PWS will "disappear" thanks to laser. But after a certain time -- and it could take years -- the PWS will reappear. Then you can have it treated again with laser. On www.birthmarks.com they give figures on results obtained after treatments of PWS. The location of your PWS (face) and your young age make you a good candidate for a successful treatment, according to them, although other factors have also to be taken into account, which they discuss.

Of course, a treatment leaves you with bruising for a while and there needs to be many treatments.

Hope this helps a little : this board is quiet on week ends, so maybe other people with a PWS will talk to you later this week.

Lise (AVM of the lip)