venous malformation of perineal area - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 PM
sissy

Default venous malformation of perineal area

I am a female several years from retirement and have recently been diagnosed with a venous malformation of the perineal area. It has gotten worse. As a young child it was called a birthmark. Most of my adult life it was called varicose veins. I had 2 surgeries as a child, but they did not remove all of the veins. Recently, I had a colonoscopy and it was called a serious hemangioma. After a bunch of doctors visits, I now know it is a venous malformation.
I am searching for another female who has a similar condition in this area of her body and would like to know what, if any, treatment she has had.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Hi Sissy,

One thing you might do is to visit:

http://birthmark.org/experts.php

and ask the Venous Malformation expert about different treatment options. His office or staff may be able to put you in touch with other adult women who have a similar condition.

Keep us posted!

Missy