Trying to decide whether to continue treatment or take a break
My 4 year old dd has had 8 laser surgeries on her PWS. We started when she was 1 and went every 3 to 4 months. We have tapered off and now we schedule around holidays and such. I just moved the next one back to avoid surgery right before the new school year.
We want to take a break. She reacts horribly the day of the procedure. She won't cooperate for so much as a blood pressure cuff. The entire day is full of holding her down for them to even do the admission procedure. I tried going into the room while they sedated her and she still wouldn't cooperate, so I left. I don't think it went much better after that, since they told us they need to up her dose of Versed for the next trip.
We're resigned to the fact that it won't completely go away. We do want to keep it from getting darker and thicker. On top of that, our insurance covers it and we don't want to stop and have them decide it really isn't necessary.
Maybe this is just the typical pre-surgery dread creeping in. Is it common to keep going every 3-4 months indefinitely? When talking to the surgeon, the typical answer is "It's looking good. Come back in 3 months."