I have done an email consult with Dr. Levitin and he recommends surgery for my daughters eyelid hemangioma (I've attached a picture). However, our pediatrician and opthamologist do not think her eyesight is being affected and because of this we should "wait and see". I feel like it could be YEARS before this thing involutes and there's no guarantee it won't grow more and cause problems in the future. Dr. Levitin noted a "soft tissue component" that would make him recommend surgery, which I took to mean damage to the actual eyelid.
Any recommendations for insurance purposes if I'm not able to convince one of my doctors to refer for this surgery? (note we're still deciding if surgery is our choice 100% and when we would want it done. She just turned 13 months)
Any advice/opinions/experience would be appreciated!