I'm so confused!! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Default I'm so confused!!

I am so confused!! I talked to Dr Waner about my 4 month old son's hemangiomas and he suggested that the one on his scalp be removed due to the ulceration and the one on his nose should be lasered. He told me to contact Dr Buckmiller because she was closer. We battled with the insurance and they finally agreed to cover it. I talked with her Dr Buckmiller's nurse and the Dr recommended steroid injections and laser for the one on the scalp, but nothing for the nose.

The one on his scalp had started to heal, but is turning black again and starting to ulcerate all over again. I swear, I feel like everytime I take 1 step forward, I take 2 steps back.

I really want the one on his scalp removed because it is so painful and just keeps ulcerating.

I know that Dr Buckmiller is a great Dr, but if she doesn't fall in line with what I want and Dr Waner does, do I just bite the bullet and go to NY?