Laser - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Default Laser

I have a quick question for those who had laser on there kids faces how long does it take for the bruising to go away?? My daughter had an angel kiss right on her forhead so the dr decided to laser it since we do laser on her lip H anyways. For the lip it takes at least 10 days, the forhead looks really bruised and we have a b-day party to go to next week I was just wondering how soon the bruising will faint away??? Please advice.....

Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 02:45 AM

My son's took about 10 days to 3 weeks...depending on how intense the tx. was.

Corinne
Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Typically, you see the results from a laser from 9 - 14 days. Rachel had 10 of them and we always looked forward to the 9 day marker to see how well she responded. Technically, the procedure cauterizes the capilllaries. The darker the area after the procedure, the better the end result. You may choose to photograph for the days after the procedure - it is fun to see the improvement.

Best of luck to you - I hope this helps.
Sherri Foster
Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Thank you guys for your responds. We are noticing that the bruising is going away but we still see the angel kiss mark on her forhead does that mean she'll need more, or do we have to wait for all the bruising to go away??
Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Full results can take awhile to appear. You may need more laser tx. in the future.

C