Decision to have excision surgery for hemangioma - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

   VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 PM
jmle jmle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Default Decision to have excision surgery for hemangioma

Hi all,
I'm mom to a 8 1/2 month old wonderful little boy who has a h. on his right forearm. In April it began to ulcerate and bleed and we have been taking him to a dermatologist for laser treatments, which were not largely successful in healing his ulcer. We tried to get Regranex in May, but it is still on backorder. Last week we finally made it to a plastic surgeon who agrees that excision is possible for his h. and that it would be beneficial for him to have it. We are scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks. The part we are struggling with is that just this weekend his h. is starting to show signs of healing, although he still grabs at it and cries when we change his clothes. I was just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences and how you've weighed the decision to go ahead with surgery. Anyone regret having surgery? We are in Birmingham, AL.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surgery Update susan1999 Help and Resources for Hemangiomas 6 08-25-2010 02:52 PM
Removal Surgery at 4 years - UK or USA - pls help? lynnmmoir Help and Resources for Hemangiomas 17 08-24-2010 04:16 AM
Surgery at Kaiser? pichpaw Help and Resources for Hemangiomas 18 03-22-2008 01:53 PM
Can't find a doctor to recommend surgery Imnay2 Help and Resources for Hemangiomas 1 01-29-2008 03:26 AM
Surgery or No surgery? mom2KandK AVM Help and Resources 3 05-17-2004 12:12 AM