Different Results - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM

Default Different Results

My 20 month old has probably had 13 laser treatments to her PWS. 2 (possible 3-our latest treatment) of those 13 treatments have actually made her PWS worse. I don't understand this. Can someone please tell me why this happens?? My doctor doesn't seem to know. However the next treatment usually yields great results.

I've noticed that when her eyelid is swollen the day after treatment is when it really doesn't work as well. I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I'd add it. We just had another treatment yesterday and her eyelid is swollen this morning. So now I'm scared that this treatment will make her PWS worse again. I'm crying about it because I feel like I'm not helping her when this happens. It breaks my heart to see her little eyelid drooping/swollen with her purple treatment marks everywhere.

just need to hear from others possibly in the same boat....
Old 11-07-2008, 11:58 AM

It might have something to do with the intensity/type of laser your doctor's using.
I generally swell up after treatments, but I've noticed at least tiny improvements.
Hope things work out for the best...