treatment for old pws on arm? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Default treatment for old pws on arm?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here has experience on receiving treatment on an older PWS on a limb. I am 22 years old and I have a PWS covering most of my left arm/hand. I received laser treatment when I was in elementary school, but I stopped receiving treatment after that although I'm not sure why and I haven't seen anyone for my PWS since.

I'm not really bothered by my PWS and have no desire to have it removed for cosmetic purposes. However I know that they tend to rise, darken and the skin of my PWS may thicken as I get older. This has led me to consider looking into treatment again. Is this pretty much guaranteed to happen without treatment? Has anyone experienced this with a PWS on a limb?

Thanks to anyone who can help or give advice.