My 5 Year Old's Hemangioma - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

   VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
briankeay briankeay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Hi guys, time for the weekly update.
Yesterday my daughter visited our GP who was amazed at the difference and is even talking of writing it up as a case.

There is a little bit of difference every day, so hopefully it will continue for the next couple of weeks or so.
It seems that if it carries on involuting like this that she will be left with a wee baggy pouch of skin, which would be far more straightforward to remove.

The size and consistency has really changed, its a lot looser and also is a light pink colour instead of red.

Claire, its early days for us still and I really dont want to get my hopes up too much, but so far it really seems to be working.
Its just an oral medicine, so is less disruptive and my daughters only complaint is that it tastes "yucky". Good luck with the Beomycin treatment, 80% sounds like good odds.

Thanks guys for your continuing support.
Feel free to pm.

Cheers,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
missy missy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,716
Default

Brian,

What a great update!! Thank you so much for remembering to come back and let us know what's going on. And YAY on good news, too.

Hope to hear from you next week.

Missy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
briankeay briankeay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Ok, my daughter was back seeing the Consultant today and he was absolutely delighted with the results.
So much so that he wants to write it up and publish it in the British Medical Journal.

He is now going to operate and remove it, saying that its a whole different ball game now that its changed so much.

We are provisionally booked in for the end of June, so hopefully she will have it done before she starts school after the summer.

We are totally delighted but a little nervous obviously.

I'll post with future progress, thanks for your continued support.

Cheers,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
missy missy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,716
Default

YAY, Brian! Wonderful news. Can't wait to see!!

Hope your nerves settle... it will all be OK!

Missy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
EFMama EFMama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 45
Default

What an encouraging story!

Our youngest has a largish H on his forehead and we're taking the wait and see approach for now. It started what seems to be involution a few months ago, but it's always been a bit of a worry of ours that 'what if it doesn't actually go away?' Glad there would still be options for us to examine later if we continue to wait...
__________________
Me - Aimee - Spot on liver
Elliot, 9/20/06 - H on back (nearly gone)
Felix, 7/28/08 - H on forehead (in involution)
Taking the 'wait and see' approach, for now.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump