Surgery scheduled - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Default Surgery scheduled

First of all, Edens ulcer has finally healed! It was ulcerated for 4 months and she is only six months old. She is no longer in pain like she was....Thank goodness! I sent pics to Dr. Waner when it was ulcerated and he wanted to see her right away for removal. We werent financially able to make the trip to NY at that time. Now that it has healed its not as urgent a matter as before, but he still wants to remove it and we are scheduled for July 22nd. I am thankful to have found a doctor with so much experience with these. The local doctors werent willing/able to do anything and i just didnt want to accept that. The ulceration has left some scar tissue and a bald spot on her head. I am looking forward to the surgery date and putting this behind us! I will try to get a recent pic up soon so everyone can see the improvement from last time. Thank you! This site has been so wonderful for me to find answers and share with other parents
Old 05-30-2010, 12:38 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much will the surgery cost? My son may need surgery with Dr.Waner. Glad to hear your little ones h is no longer ulcerated.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Administrator

YAY!! I love to hear good news.

Hope Eden is doing well! Remember to come and update us often.

Missy
Old 05-30-2010, 03:35 PM

Wonderful news!! Dr. Waner is such a kind hearted man. I'm sure the surgery will go very well.

mperron - If your concerned about the cost of surgery I would encourage you to call and speak with somebody at Dr. Waners office. They are wonderful at getting insurance to cover surgery and if not they can discuss it further with you. It's been years since we went thru this, and insurance did pay but we were given a dollar amount that would need to be paid upfront. It's very much worth it, and I think manageable when you know before hand.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Thankyou DevsMom. I live in Canada so will not have insurance. I will give Dr.Waners office a call.