Untreated H involution at 16 months - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 AM

Default Untreated H involution at 16 months

Fairly rapid progress last month or so.

We have also heard from many people that they closely knew other people who had children with these things which were much larger - whole side of face and so forth which entirely went away without treatment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jane h 20100613.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jane h 20090503.JPG (29.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by andrewedwardjudd : 06-13-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Nice. Glad to see progress.

Being around here so much, I have seen large untreated hemangioma involute completely without treatment. They all do. Some parents are not satisfied with the skin left behind, but some involute quickly enough that the skin doesn't lose its elasticity... some weren't really large enough to make saggy skin.

How's everyone there these days? I haven't seen you around that much!!

Missy
Old 06-13-2010, 03:41 PM

Hi Missy

From what i can gather from others stories about the H, these simple ones which are not particularly raised dont seem to leave anything behind? - touch wood!

Jane is almost talking and might be saying daddy which is cute. Generally the 90% high cuteness factor makes up for the annoying whinging and whining that she gets into some days - i think it might be genetic! So positive thinking seems the order of the day!

So I suppose we feel blessed compared to many others who seem in poorer circumstances and in worse health. Even so life has been pretty hard work this last year with a new baby and a mountain of things to get done with a new home needing a large amount of work to make it totally habitable for a growing family

And I never imagined that i would be living in Finland and shoveling the worst Finnish snow for 50 years and dealing with below -18C for two months on end, so we sort of hunkered down and hibernated i think to get thru that and we are only just coming right again with the warmer weather and long days.

Hopefully that was informative rather than full of whinging and whining!

:-)

Andrew
Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quite informative and I am always up for a good update on my families, even if whining is included. (the sing-song nature doesn't come through in text!!)

Glad you are coming into warmer weather now! Take everyone outside and get the outside of the house in shape! In August, go buy supplies for the INSIDE and when you have a bad winter, at least you will have something to do.

Tell Jane we said, "da da da da da da" and maybe she'll really say "Daddy."

Keep in touch!

Missy