Anyone try the new laser? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Smile Anyone try the new laser?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and would like to talk about a new laser called "Perfecta," it's also made by the Candella company that makes the other lasers used for treating hyperpigmentation. Has anyone here been treated with it? Does it do a better job of fading a PWS/hyperpigmentation than the than other V beam laser?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 AM

Hi!
I just had my third treatment with a Perfecta laser. It gives me very visible results after each treatment, much more so than the laser they had 10-20 years ago when I had treatments as a kid (I'm 24 now).
My dermatologist told me at our initial consult, though, that responses vary patient to patient. He has some people getting results like mine, and some people who get minimal results- with them he tries YAG and Alexandrite lasers.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 AM

Default update and a question

I had 2 laser treatments with the new laser since I posted this question. After the first treatment with the new laser I got really good results. I could tell that my pws has faded (I had such good results only from the very first 2-3 laser treatments I have had and I have had 12). Because there was visible fading I got another treatment(my 12th one) 3 months later with the new laser, but the results were not as good. Sucks... But I do think that the new perfecta was better than the older one.

Has anyone's birthmark gotten darker or brighter after a laser treatment? I am not talking about it getting darker for the 7-14 days after the treatment. I am talking about it getting darker/brighter about a month after treatment. I am pretty sure that my pws had actually gotten darker after my 5th (or so) treatment. I had someone else notice that, too.