newly diagnosed @ 36 with VM in arm - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 AM

Default newly diagnosed @ 36 with VM in arm

I have recently been diagnosed with a vascular malformation in my tricep. I have finally been refered to an interventional radiologist. My doctor seems to think it is not typical to have as much pain as I am having with this lesion. It stretches from my skin and wraps around the bone in my tricep. I started having trouble with this arm when I was about 16. I had another bad episode when I was 21 and then the last 2 years it has caused me alot of trouble. July 29 I had a surgical biopsy by a orthopedic oncologist. Over the years I have been misdiagnosed with every thing from tendonitis, bursitis, torn tricep. My interventional radiologist is a pediatric guy. He says.... " well kids don't usually have this much pain." He wants to do scelerotherapy but says he doesn't want to do anything until the pain from the sugery subsides and I keep trying to exlain that it hurt the same before surgery. Does anyone else have crazy pain with there vascular malformation?
I am a dog groomer and I have had so much pain I could not even finish one dog. 2 weeks ago I was fired and replaced at my job. It has been terrible. I have lost my insurance because it has taken so long for them to diagnose me properly. I have a workers comp claim on my arm due to exacerbation. Has anyone ever had a workers comp claim on their VM?