How many time is enough? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM

Default How many time is enough?

Dear all,

I have read infromation from this web and others. with laser treatment, some portwine strains can fade 80%, some fade 50%, 60% ... some people have finished first phase and begin the second phase, others have over 20 laser operations and they will continue to take next operations.

I wonder when I will finish my treatment. I have also heard that portwine strain should be treated continuously for 10 times (every six weeks) and then 2 or 3 times every year to prevent it from development not to fade. Is it right? I have had about 12 times of treatment. How to know it is enough

And anyone have portwine strain in the gum. Is it treated with laser?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Administrator

All of your answers depend on the severity and location of the birthmark and the type of laser used and the settings used.

Missy
Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 PM

With our son, he went every three weeks for a while, then he graduated to every 6 weeks, and now he is supposed to go every 6 months (unless we see it start to darken before the 6 month mark- then we should bring him in right away).
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM

Thanks for your reply, Missy and Kdlugozi. Until now My portwine stain has faded 50%. After the last operations It 's not much improved. So May be I should have treatment every 6 months!