Is this her first laser tx?. Here are some questions..
1. either ask the doctor or research how much experience this doctor has with tx. hemangiomas with laser.
2. Is the doctor going to do the entire area,
3. how long will the procedure take,
4. what does the doc prefer anesthesia or not, why? should be based specifc to your daughter's case.
5. Will numbing cream decrease the effectiveness of the tx. (scatter the light more). Would a local injection of anesthesia be an option?
6. What type of laser and what settings are recommended?
7. How many procedures will it take to get desired result? Will the first procedure be conservative to see how the tissue reacts?
8. What will I expect post laser? What should I be concern with, look for? What do I do if it starts to ulcerate or bleed, looks infected? How often should I put on ointment? Pain meds? Avoid anything?
9. How long until we see results?
This is a start.
VBF Director of Family Services
vbfadvocate @ live. com (no spaces)