dr waner headsup - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 02-11-2011, 12:18 AM

Default dr waner headsup

hi,

my appointment to see dr waner is finally approaching after months of waiting and is this coming tues.. i was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect at the appointment...

thanks,
gilana
Old 02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Administrator

What are you hoping to leave with? Do you want to leave with information? Do you want to leave with a solid treatment plan? Do you want to begin treatment that day?

Somewhere ... I'll have to go find it, there is a list of questions to be sure to ask your doctor and Corrine wrote it, so it's a good one. I'll go find it and come back and edit this.

Missy

Edit: here it is ... if you start here, it might get you thinking about the questions you need to ask!

http://174.120.2.174/node/111

Last edited by missy : 02-11-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: added link
Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM

i am just looking for his expert opinion on how to proceed... what is the best treatment option. i was asking more what i can expect from the first visit, what does he do, etc.. i am nervous about the whole thing and just wanted to know what to expect from people who have seen dr waner.. thanks for the link!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilana View Post
i am just looking for his expert opinion on how to proceed... what is the best treatment option. i was asking more what i can expect from the first visit, what does he do, etc.. i am nervous about the whole thing and just wanted to know what to expect from people who have seen dr waner.. thanks for the link!
Here is how our appt. went. The nurse took us back and took some pictures of my daughter's H. Then asked us some questions, etc. Then Dr. Waner and 2 other docs (he seemed to be training them?) came in. He examined our daughter and basically told us our options right there.

I had spoken to him on the phone prior to our appt, so I already knew what our main options would be. We knew we would opt for surgery so we scheduled it that day. I must say he is VERY nice and only suggested what would be appropriate for our daughter, etc. I left feeling very good about everything, etc. He was also very good post op, had us calling his cell phone, etc. Loved him!

Let me know if you have other questions!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:33 AM

thanks so much! that was very helpful!!!