No difference after 1st Treatment? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM

Default No difference after 1st Treatment?

Hello All

My 2 year old son went for his first laser treatment (in uk) for his facial pws (fairly light red which covers part of his right cheek)) 12 weeks ago, it took at least 8 weeks for the redness to calm down (bruising settled after two weeks). Anyway 12 weeks on and his birthmaek is just about returning to what is was before, not really seeing much lightening which I thought we would see after one treatment. Can this happen? Could it still be settling down? Could he see more difference after the next one or could it be that he may just not be responding to the laser. Maybe it's because it's fairly light to start with?
I'm not expecting miracles but I certainly got the impression that we would see some difference after one treatment. Anyone else found this and then subsequent treatments did make a difference? Sorry I'm going on and on now!!!!!!! Just don't want to put my little man through the process (he goes under GA) if it's not going to make a difference.

Thanks all

Ps Laser is the Vbeam
Old 04-07-2011, 12:12 AM

My son had several laser treatments, at least five of them at age six months. There was no real noticable improvement until all treatments were completed. What was left was a tiny fingerprint sized light pink spot on his temple. When he was born the PWS covered his entire left temple. He is 20 years old now.