Midline and scabbing with pics - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 AM

Here is a poor rather picture of it (Right after the scab fell off so she was moving around a fair bit).

After a bath she rolled on it and the scab completely fell off causing a lot of pain. But the scab has now reformed.

We see the paediatricion in a couple of weeks for her 6 month checkup. Depending on what he says we will try and get a referral to Dr Tony Moore.

Are there any recommendations for bathing etc? Avoid getting it wet because of the scabbing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-14-2010, 02:28 PM

I would not wait a couple of weeks. If you can get in quickly. Im not a doctor or anything, but when my daughters h began to ulcerate it did so very quickly and was very painful. Hers had a scab like your daughter, which eventually broke down and began draining. Make sure to keep it clean because they often get infected which causes even more pain.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 PM

UPDATE----

Her H has continued to scab in new places and the old scabs heal up and fluff away. We used some ointment that the derm prescribed to us for a few weeks and now we just let them heal on their own. So far...no pain.

They want to do an MRI and I am hesitant to do it but they want to make 100% sure it is not attached to the spine. I know it's better safe than sorry.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Default Last Update

Jesse had both her hemangiomas removed last week. We used Dr Burns out of Medical City Childrens Dallas and they could not have made it easier!!! It was a day surgery and we were home after 3 hours!!

Don't let your pedi tell you that it will go away becuase they don't all go away. After talking to Dr Levetin in New York he encouraged me to get it removed. Pedi's don't have the time to be experts in all areas, even though they mean well.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Well, YAY!! So glad things turned out well for you!

Missy